Search This Blog

Curl Icon - Yvette Nicole Brown



Yvette is definitely a curl icon and she keeps it real! Yesterday I came across her blog where she dedicated a whole post on her hair. She answered the many questions that people have. I think its very interesting that she uses products that are readily available to us at the grocery store, corner store, and beauty supply store. I took an excerpt out of her blog about her Regimen. Enjoy!

________________________________________________
- Excerpt from Yvette's Blog -
"Now, here's my process...
I wash my hair with Aphogee evening primrose shampoo (white bottle, green writing) or Motions critical repair shampoo. I heard Pantene has a great line for relaxed and natural hair as well. I then use any conditioner I can get my hands on and comb it through while my hair is wet. I rinse the conditioner out and then I towel dry a bit (you want your hair still a little damp) and then I saturate (and I mean SATURATE!) it with an aloe vera leave in conditioner by ic Fantasia. It's in a brown bottle with green and white writing. (All these products can be found at Sally's or any other beauty supply, by the way)
Once the leave-in is throughout my hair I scrunch (ball your fists up with your hair in your hands) all over. This encourages my hair to curl up. I then put a little bit of oil (what kind doesn't matter) on my ends and then I sit under a hooded dryer for about 30 minutes. You can also air dry but the dripping drives me crazy, so I just sit under the dryer.

That's it. That's my process. If your hair hasn't been "trained" to curl up yet, you can always put the leave-in in and do double strand twists and then sit under the dryer.

It's a long journey if you're switching from straight to natural, but once you train your hair to curl, it will. At least I've found that to be true for mine."
________________________________________________

For the full story go to Yvette's Blog - Questions about my Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment