Search This Blog

Unused Products - Hair Styling

Continue to use the product - Hair styling

 In the previous Unused Product segment we talked about Solutions to this problem. One was continue using the product for hair styling. Last week I had a great example of this. You may remember my review on the above product Shea Moisture Curl and Hold Smoothie, I was thoroughly disappointed by this product. No Moisture, no hold, no definition on my wash and go, bantu knot and 2 strand twist bantu knot. My hair was dry dry dry. So last week I decided to give it a go again BUT with a different style, Twist out! Now you all know my Twist outs NEVER EVER EVER EVER come out right, so much so that I refuse to show you pictures of the results. Well can you believe it that this product works on this style for me!

As you can see my hair is DEFINED, BLACK, SHINY and Moisturized :)


From trying this product again and finally have success I have learned some additional things about using products that didn't work before for styling. I believe that the essential reason my hair retained moisture, shape, shine and body this time is because I applied a generous amount of Shea Butter and Olive Oil. Usually I apply a little amount like I usually do for other styles, but I believe for this product and for my hair it needed a stronger base of oil and butter before the smoothie was applied. Then I applied the smoothie and twisted my hair up. It was amazing to see the result since my twist outs never come out good. So the verdict for this Smoothie for a twist out is definitely thumbs up :D

No comments:

Post a Comment